My client is a well-regarded and rapidly expanding business within the construction / property development sector, and ideally situated within the East Midlands.
Due to continued expansion, they now have a vacancy for a Qualified Accountant to join the business as Financial Controller.
Reporting into the CEO, this is the lead finance role within the business and will assist with overseeing financial department staff in day-to-day operations.
• Oversee all company accounts and investments
• Create monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts
• Manage cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports
• Supervise and manage financial department staff, including accountants and financial assistants
• Motivate and lead finance team members by clarifying roles and providing helpful feedback
• Suggest updates and improvements for accounting systems, including payroll and invoicing
• Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported
• Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with government regulations and legislation
• Collaborate with auditing services to ensure proper compliance with all regulations
• Develop budgets and financial plans for the company, based on research and data reports
• Review all financial plans and budgets regularly, to look for cost reduction opportunities
• Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies
• Create systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculations
• Report to the CEO with timely and accurate financial information
• Assist the CEO in presenting reports to senior executives, stakeholders, and board members
Applicants will be formally qualified (ACA / CIMA / ACCA) with previous experience gained within a dynamic, fast moving business.
Previous experience gained within Construction / Property / House Build Sector would be ideal, however is not essential.
A dynamic forward thinking individual with strong analytical skills and commercial focus is the key priority.
In return, a basic salary of £50,000 coupled with company car, bonus, excellent benefits and scope to work towards a Finance Director position await.