My client is a leading business within the Construction / House Building Industry.
Due to continued growth, they have now engaged FRS to assist with the appointment of a No 2 (Financial Controller) to join the team.
This business is about to embark on an exciting period of change and improvement.
• Own and run management accounts process
• Confidence in financial accounting, important to spot potential errors in the month end process prior to closing
• Manage forecast and budget process, including reporting of actuals against budget / forecast
• Support in reviewing and challenging land acquisition proposals
• Work collaboratively with commercial teams on cost management, and forecasting of current and future sites in the pipeline
• Review and work with sales team to look after sales performance, completion profile reviews, trend analysis etc.
• Own, review and optimise overheads for the region
• Work collaboratively across finance within the division to improve processes
• Other support may be required in the areas of:
• Cashflow reviews
• Balance Sheet Reconciliations
• System improvements
The ideal candidate will be formally qualified (ACA / ACCA / CIMA), ideally with prior experience gained within House Building, however this is not essential.
A confident an outgoing personality is required, as this position does require extensive Business Partnering and strong analytical skills, and the ability to use MS Excel to advanced level are also key.
This role promises to be both challenging and progressive, with excellent scope to be involved in various change / improvement projects around process, controls and systems.