My client is a well regarded family owned £40m manufacturing business, with a rich history of local trade (over 100 yrs) and ideally situated in North Leicestershire, easily commutable from across the East and West Midlands.
Due to internal movements, FRS have been enlisted to assist with the recruitment of a Financial Controller on a full time permanent basis.
This position will operate as the No 1 in finance with fill ownership of all aspects of Financial, Management and Cost Accounting reporting into the MD / Chairman who is also a qualified accountant.
This position offers to be both varied and exciting and will be supported by a long established SLT.
– Creation, preparation and presentation of management accounts, showing a monthly result, monthly vs budget, YTD by month and YTD against budget.
– Assist in the development of KPI’s / MI to enable improved understanding on business performance – sales, margin, stock, costs.
– Business Partner with key stakeholders across the business including Production, Sales, Marketing
– Preparing accruals and prepayments, checking bank balance sheet reconciliations
– Assist with Year end statutory subsidiary and consolidated group financial statements, Liaising with external auditors, ONS surveys
– Daily cash reports/ Treasury management, Quarterly VAT returns
– Checking & approving monthly PL payment runs, monthly expenses, petty cash & credit card transactions
– Ensure the timely close of ledgers and Assist Head of HR & Operations in the day to day running of a busy finance office
The ideal candidate will have at least 3-5 years experience gained operating in a similar role with exposure gained across Financial / Management Accounting and be seeking a opportunity with a fun and friendly team.
Study support towards ACCA / CIMA can be offered for those not already qualified / wishing to obtain a professional qualification however those that are QBE will also be considered.
A good level of IT Literacy is desirable to include MS Excel, knowledge of Sage Products including Sage 200 is highly advantageous but not essential
In return a basic salary of up to £55,000 Benefits and great working environment await.