My client is a dynamic, international business , situated in Milton Keynes and therefore easily commutable.
Due to continued growth within both the UK and International markets, FRS have been engaged to assist with the recruitment of a Financial Controller to lead the finance operation in the UK
This position is reporting into the Group FD and General Manager based locally, offering a great mix of both Financial Control and commercial business input, and the opportunity to be part of the SMT.
The Job Purpose:
• To support the production of insightful and accurate management reports, and statutory accounts to meet company deadlines both UK and EU accounts.
• To provide business partnering support to the sales and operational teams to help improve margins, efficiency and profitability.
• Responsible for assisting the Finance Director in all aspects of financial management of the company.
• Control cashflow on a daily / weekly and monthly basis, together with forecasts.
• Preparation of monthly management accounts and statutory accounts.
• Preparation of Management information reports.
• Preparation of statutory monthly reports (eg ECSL, VAT returns, intrastat).
• Analysis of costs and nominal accounts.
• Delivering ad hoc Management Information reports to meet business needs.
• Fully document new and existing processes, and reports to a high standard.
• Monthly stocktake reporting.
• Assist in preparation of the annual budget.
• Coordinate the annual external audit.
The ideal candidate will be formally qualified (ACA / ACCA / CIMA) with PQE, ideally with experience in reporting into an international parent company
Applicants will need a sound understanding of both Financial and Management Accounting, and high level of commercial awareness with a passion for partnering key stakeholders across Sales and Operations, to drive both improvement and cost reduction.
Whilst a key and senior position within the business, the candidate will need to be hands-on in the production of the Accounts.
In return, my client can offer a highly varied and challenging position, with great scope for future development.