My client is a well-regarded franchise of a Major International business, ideally situated in South Leicestershire and easily commutable from across Leicestershire, Warwickshire and Northamptonshire.
Due to continued expansion and strong results during this unusual COVID period, they have now engaged the services of FRS to assist with the appointment of a Part Qualified, Finalist or Newly Qualified Accountant to join the business.
Reporting to the Finance Director and working within a team of 6, you will support areas of the finance function, of Financial and Management accounts; additional responsibilities of this role include such activities as developing, mentoring, and providing career coaching, and motivating junior members of the finance team.
• You will manage the company”s finances and find ways to improve profitability and growth, through analysis of financial information to allow the organisation to make well-informed decisions to ensure future stability, profitability and growth.
• The overall aim of this role is to improve value in all areas of the business by managing and reducing operational and production costs, and implementing the most effective strategies, and be responsible for acknowledging all accounting problems with proposed solutions and / or confer with the Financial Director for the appropriate resolutions to offer.
– Assist Lead, mentor and develop a small team of accounting professionals, working across Purchase, Sales Ledger, Credit Control, Treasury, Payroll
– Monthly and Yearly Management Accounting, Budgeting and forecasting, P&L Responsibility
– Analysis of variances, provide commentary to business partner / non-financial members on business / product performance
– Stock, Sales and Margin Analysis
– Develop and improve business / KPI and MI analysis
– Statutory Accounts preparation, VAT returns, intrastat and EC Sales
– Balance Sheet Reconciliations, Journals, Fixed assets
– Year End and Audit prep, work closely with external accountants
– Payroll and Expenses Management (P11D) / PSA
– Continual improvement of processes, policies and procedures
Applicants will ideally be Part Qualified, Past Finalist or Qualified (ACA / ACCA / CIMA), and have the benefit of working within a varied role for a fast paced commercial business, gaining exposure across both Management and Financial Accounting.
A confident and outgoing personality, with excellent international and communication skills is key to this position, as a key emphasis will be partnering the wider business, but also providing commentary on business performance at board level.
A high level of IT Literacy is essential, to include MS Excel.
In return, my client can offer a highly progressive role with long term scope, as this position is being recruited with succession planning in mind – (Step up to FD within the next 5 Years).
A highly competitive basic salary of £35,000 – £45,000 (Based on Experience), coupled with excellent benefits and career development awaits.