My client is a leading privately owned business within the Biotech / Pharmaceutical industry, with UK offices in both Cambridge and London.
Due to continued expansion via M&A, they now have a vacancy for a Financial Controller to join the business, taking responsibility for the Europe Region.
Reporting into the CFO, this is a key position to the rapidly expanding business with the purpose of establishing and maintaining accounting policies and controls, fiscal controls, preparing financial reports and safeguarding the organization”s assets for all entities in Europe.
• Planning and coordination of all accounting operational functions in Europe
• Managing the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results
• Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements
• Coordinating activities of external auditors
• Working closely with the Global Controller, assessing current accounting operations, offering improvements and implementing new processes
• Evaluating accounting and internal control systems, with a clear focus on improving them
• Evaluating the effectiveness of accounting software and Foundation system, with data integrity as main goal
• Overseeing regulatory reporting, frequently including tax planning and compliance
• Own the Working Capital improvement, implementing the correct monitoring and action plan for the Region
• Support the implementation of a FSSC at a regional level
• Interaction with other members of the Finance Leadership Team on various projects
• Support and develop other members of the Finance groups where required, to ensure they have the appropriate skills knowledge and expertise for the current and future success of the business
The ideal candidate will be formally qualified (ACCA / CIMA / ACA / ICAS) with PQE, ideally gained within Pharma / Biotech / Life Sciences Industry.
Experience managing a large and complex set of stakeholders, whilst working towards working capital improvement in large companies is key.
You will be assertive, challenging and confident in nature with strong interpersonal skills, and a history of presenting to and communicating with senior finance and non-finance stakeholders.
In return, a highly competitive basic salary of £80,000 – £100,000 coupled with excellent benefits and bonus, plus scope for development to a C Level position within the next 2-3 years await.
This position is to be based from the office within Cambridge, however travel to the London and European offices will be required.