My client is a well established international manufacturing business with a turnover of in excess of £15m and a history of local trade within the East Midlands.
Following recent external investment, FRS have been enlisted to assist with the recruitment of an experienced, and ideally qualified finance leader to join the business in a Finance Director capacity.
Working closely with the UK executive team and the external investors, the successful candidate will be based from the client’s premises in Derbyshire and assist with:
• Full Production of weekly and monthly financial statements – Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet, Cashflow, highlighting any threats and opportunities to the Directors
• Production of year end statutory accounts, audit packs VAT returns
• Production of annual budgets, regular Cashflow forecasts
• Accounts team management of four staff
• Production of departmental sales analysis reports, highlighting high and low margin sales
• Production of payroll – monthly salaries, salary sacrifice schemes, BiK, workplace pension scheme, Private Mileage, RTI
• Management of Credit Control, payment of creditors, and thus cashflow
• Foreign currency purchases for USD, EUR and Others
• Stock control systems, management and development of, and Stock take management
• Information systems – development and control of systems that feed information into accounting and management reports, including Datafile system, SQL, Office365
• HR – control of employment contracts and handbook, recruitment, disciplinary, dismissal, holiday booking systems
Historically, this business has been highly successful and profitable, however with increasing costs as a result of Brexit the company are looking for a leader that will assist with cost reduction and a wider phase of business improvement, reviewing all processes, controls and systems to assist and establish the business for its next phase of growth.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced finance leader operating as No 1 or No 2 in finance, and preferably have prior experience of operating within manufacturing.
Applicants will ideally be qualified (ACA / ACCA / CIMA) with strong PQE, however those that are QBE but have demonstrated experience in such a position will be considered.
Whilst operating as No 1 in finance, this will be a hands on position operating as the only qualified accountant within the UK / local business.
In return, a competitive basic salary of between £50,000 – £60,000 coupled with excellent benefits and genuine scope to make both a short and long term difference.