My client is a well-regarded family owned business, ideally situated South of Nottingham City Centre.
Due to expansion, they now have a vacancy for a Qualified Accountant to join the business as a Financial Controller.
Reporting into the Finance Director and Group MD, this is a key position looking after the day to day running of the Financial and Management Activity on behalf of the business, whilst also partnering the wider business, driving continuous employment and adding strategic value.
• Deliver timely and high-quality month end management accounts, and preparation of Annual Budget
• Creation and Analysis of BI and provide commentary on sales, margins etc.
• Business partner key stakeholders, driving improvement in efficiency
• Maintenance of Fixed Assets, Prepayments, Accruals and HP schedules
• Intercompany Reconciliations, Preparation of quarterly VAT returns
• Liaise with Statutory auditors
• Lead, guide, mentor and develop a small team of finance professionals
• Ensure accurate management of bank accounts, cash books etc.
• Reconciliation of debtor financing ledger
• Ensure teams timely process of sales orders and invoices
• Ad hoc support to the Financial Director and Managing Director
• Assist in implementation of a new ERP system
The ideal candidate will be formally qualified (ACA / ACCA / CIMA), with PQE gained in a commercially focused Finance Manager / Financial Controller Position.
A good level of IT literacy is key, to include MS Excel for reporting and analysis (Pivots / Look Ups), experience of Systems Migration would be ideal but not essential.
Whilst a good technical accounting knowledge is required, my client is looking for a motivated and driven candidate with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and can business partner the wider business and drive continuous improvement.
In return, a competitive basic salary of £60,000 coupled with a benefits package await.