My client is a well-respected niche VC backed business within the retail sector, with a UK Head Office based in Warwickshire and numerous stores based across the UK, with a turnover in the region of £20m.
As part of the company’s continued growth, FRS have been enlisted to assist with the recruitment of a Qualified Accountant to join the business as No 1 in Finance (Financial Controller).
This position will work closely with the Managing Director (well known and highly regarded within the industry), guiding the business both financially and strategically with the below.
• Managing a tight cash flow during and including managing the banking relationship.
• Day to day management of Finance Team from transactional level upwards, and working with the Managing Director to drive the strategic direction of the business.
• Provide Managing Director and Investors with clear and reliable Financial Information.
• Leading on the Tender Process with a view of achieving cost savings.
• Leading on the annual Audit process.
• Preparing periodic financial statements, including profit and loss accounts, budgets, cash flows, variance analysis and commentaries.
• Advising on the financial implications and consequences of business decisions.
• Analysing financial performance and so contributing to medium and long-term business planning / forecast.
• Interpreting and communicating financial data to non-financial managers; Liaising with other function managers to put the finances and accounts in context.
• Monitoring and evaluating financial information systems and suggest improvements where needed.
• Management of budgeting and quarterly forecasting process.
• Business Partnering peers in Operations, Buying and Merchandising, Marketing, E-Commerce and HR.
• Work closely with shareholders and Investors regarding future funding, strategic planning and M&A Activity.
The ideal candidate will be a Qualified Accountant with PQE, and a proven background of operating within a finance leadership position (Finance Manager / Financial Controller / Finance Director).
This candidate will be the only Qualified Accountant within the business, whilst operating as a leader of finance, and hands on approach is essential.
You will be comfortable working within a fast paced and dynamic business, with an agile mind-set to partner the MD in making adaptions and improvements as required within the ever changing retail space.
This company has a strong history and a number of loyal and repeat customers, with the business having a 3 year plan for extensive growth both organic and via acquisition.
A competitive basic salary based on experience, coupled with excellent benefits and continued room for development can be offered to the successful candidate.