My client is a privately owned £10m Turnover business, operating within the Manufacturing and Construction Industries, and situated near Brierley Hill.
As a result of the exit of a long term member of staff, FRS have been enlisted to assist with the recruitment of a Financial Controller to operate as the No 1 in Finance for the business.
This position works closely with the CEO, MD, Commercial and Operations Director and will take responsibility for the day to day running of all aspects of finance for the business.
• Lead, guide, mentor and develop a small team of 2, ensuring the delivery of transactional finance duties
• Produce Monthly Board Pack
• Report on monthly Overhead Actual v Budget, analysis of variances and review
• Review procedures and assist in planning new systems
• Report directly into Company Directors as part of management team
• Manage Aged Debtors – review transport diary weekly against outstanding debt / customer credit limits
• Produce Annual Forecast – initially in Excel, now operating on forecasting software
• Calculate monthly accruals, prepayments, depreciation on fixed assets, Commissions and Hire Purchase agreements
• Manage Invoice Financing and cash management
• Monthly balance sheet review and control reconciliations
• Produce monthly management accounts and cash flow forecast, including GPM analysis, review with Company Directors
• Oversee day to day processing, ensuring timely completion of payments, invoicing and effective credit control
• Maintain accounts package, updating and creating new reports as required
• Sole contact for Auditors, HMRC and VAT, quarterly VAT returns, CIS returns, all year end procedures, audit and returns
• Assist Directors with all HR issues
The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant, with PQE gained in a similar finance leadership role, however those that are Part Qualified or QBE that have demonstrated experience in a Financial Controller / Finance Director position will be considered.
Previous experience gained within the Manufacturing or Construction industries is highly desirable.
In return, my client can offer a highly varied role with genuine scope to influence the continued success of the business.
A basic salary of £50,000 coupled with benefits and bonus can be offered.