My client is a privately owned international business within the manufacturing / engineering sector, providing products and services into the construction industry.
Due to continued growth FRS have been enlisted to assist with the recruitment of a Financial Controller to join their business based in Warwick, Warwickshire with hybrid working (working from home) being offered.
This exciting position is a key role in the business and part of the Senior Management Team, operating as the No 1 in Finance for the business.
You will be responsible for driving change in a fast-growing business, improving processes and delivering efficiencies that will make a major contribution to the company’s ambitious growth plan.
• Manage the company finance and IT functions, including managing 1-2 direct reports to effectively carry out book keeping / sales ledger / purchase ledger, payroll, monthly accruals, VAT and Export reporting, company budget, cash flow forecasts, management reporting, BACS run, IT admin and liaising with the company accountants.
• Provide strategic advice to the Directors, including ownership of the budget and 5-year financial growth plan, update and deliver the plan, advise on funding, affordability, cashflow and timing, analyse and manage investments to deliver desired returns and identify, manage and report on risks to delivery of the growth plan.
• Lead change, including managing all costs including payroll, overheads, stock and other material costs, create and implement margin improvement initiatives, set, monitor and deliver Gross and Net profitability targets, identify and implement process efficiencies.
Skills and requirements:
• Demonstrable track record of adding value within a commercially focused finance role (ideally in a fast-growing SME).
• Improving processes and driving efficiencies in a technical environment (ideally manufacturing, engineering or construction).
• Fully qualified (ACA / ACCA / CIMA).
• Accounting, payroll and office management procedures.
• Overall management of the Finance function.
• Project finance and accounting for long term contracts.
• Microsoft Office and ERP systems (experience of Navision / Dynamics Nav / Great Plains an advantage).
The ideal candidate will:
• Manages and develops people to create high performing teams.
• Great attention to detail.
• Master communicator and relationship builder.
• Can do attitude, able to adapt quickly.
• A proactive and energetic personality.
• Strategic thinker who also enjoys rolling their sleeves up when needed.
• An innovative approach, challenges conventional business thinking and sees the potential benefits of change.
In return, my client is able to offer a basic salary of £50,000 to £60,000 plus excellent benefits, and exciting scope to evolve the position into a Finance Director position as the company continues to grow.