FRS have been enlisted by one of our long term international clients to assist with the recruitment of a FP&A Manager to cover maternity.
My client is a leading US Owned Group of companies, with interest within Pharmaceuticals, Chemicals, Healthcare and Education Industries.
This is a 12 month, FTC position and will be based working from home, with one day per week working from one of the clients regional business units based in Chorley, Lancashire and therefore open to candidates across the UK as long as they are comfortable with the commute one day each week.
The business unit to which you will be working for is a recently acquired business and soon to be integrated into the existing group in Q4 2021.
The position reports into the UK Head of FP&A, also based remotely.
As FP&A Manager you actively partner with the operations teams, supply chain teams, and leaders of the applicable business units to continuously provide critical information, unbiased facts, risks and opportunities and ownership / championing of action planning to enhance growth and operating results.
You relentlessly provide controllership guidance to ensure absolute financial integrity, and take a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions to complex business issues.
• Full P&L responsibility for supply chain, distribution, and freight within the region
• Operates as a member of the local management team for the territories under their responsibility
• Develops and implements annual operating plan and quarterly forecasts to accurately reflect current expectations of the business; present to regional leadership
• Develops strong relationships with business leaders to set action plans to achieve annual operating plan; daily interface with operational teams on various financial issues that arise
• Develops working capital targets for the business units and coordinates with various business functions on operating plans and initiatives, to ensure successful achievement of targets
• Prepares and reviews monthly results and ad hoc analysis to determine methods of increasing operating productivity through inventory write-offs and / or cost control
• Reviews and develops the financial justification for various capital or operating investments inclusive of risk remediation, productivity, strategic projects, and end of life equipment
• Ensures business activities and processes comply with applicable laws and / or US GAAP
• Actively participates on Material Review Board (MRB) to limit exposure based on management future expiry inventory
• Leads key initiatives such as cost, restructuring, financial / reporting issues / questions raised by the business area or operating team, etc.
• Provide financial support for accounting teams to ensure timely and accurate close
• Review local entity statutory results and tax filings prepared by the accounting teams. Provide feedback and commentary to ensure filings submitting by the accounting team are accurate to the best of your knowledge. Support accounting team as needed and relevant to remediate audit findings
The ideal candidate will be formally qualified (ACA / ACCA / CIMA), with PQE gained within a similar FP&A / Commercial Finance Position, and a proven background within stakeholder engagement.
A passion for business partnering, challenging the business and driving improvement, whilst also providing meaningful analysis to key contacts both at business unit and UK / US Group Offices is key.
A good level of IT Literacy is essential, to include Intermediate to Advanced Levels of MS Excel.
Experience of using SAP or Epicor is a major advantage, as is prior experience of working for a US Listed business to include knowledge of US GAAP / SOX, however this is not essential.
In return, a basic salary of £55,000 coupled with excellent benefits await.
Whilst only being initially offered on a FTC basis, my clients forms part of a large USA owned International group with businesses across Europe, therefore based on performance, additional FTC positions or permanent roles may be an option.