My client is a well-regarded international market leader, with their offices ideally situated on the Leicestershire / Derbyshire / Nottinghamshire borders, and therefore easily commutable from across the East Midlands.
Due to internal promotion they now have a vacancy for a Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Manager.
This role is highly commercial with responsibility for providing financial planning and analysis across the UK and Ireland business.
The role reports to the Head of Finance and works closely with senior leadership and the wider finance team, to deliver high quality financial information, foster financial discipline across the business and ensure that appropriate financial policies and controls are being followed.
• Plays a key role in Annual Plan and Quarterly Forecast process, covering Sales, Opex and OCOS, enabling a transition to a more bottom-up process
• Provides Month-end reporting and analysis of performance, including against Plan, Forecast, Prior Year
• Prepares Forecast updates for Head of Finance and senior management, highlighting business performance and forecast outlook
• Provides insights to the Head of Finance and other senior management, rigorously analysing, challenging and questioning forecast data, actual business performance and key operating metrics
• Works closely with the different businesses to gain a good understanding of the different dynamics of each business unit, to gain a strong commercial awareness and understanding of their operations
• Provides insight on the key value drivers of business performance, and identifies opportunities and risks
• Improves pricing and profitability, reporting and analysis at both product and business unit level
• Financial analysis of key business initiatives
• Leads Process Improvement across the FP&A team, especially as related to quality of reports and analysis, efficiency of production, and ensuring reports are useful, accessible and in an appropriate format for intended end-users
• Works with Head of Finance to implement appropriate procedures and authorisations with regard to discounting, rebates, free goods and any non-standard offers
• Manages and develops direct line reports to ensure each achieve their maximum potential, e.g. conduct regular performance reviews, mentor, coach and assist in their self-development as appropriate
• Liaises with Financial Accounting team over month-end and ad hoc accounting issues
• Drives financial discipline throughout the business
• Works with Head of Finance to review and implement appropriate financial controls across the business
• Able to provide financial leadership and deputise for the Head of Finance in their absence
• Ongoing ad hoc duties and responsibilities, as determined by the needs of the business
The ideal candidate will be a Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA or ACA) ideally with experience of working as part of a cross functional team. Self-driven and motivated towards continuous improvement, and proven ability to work with a vast range of individuals, as well as internal and external stakeholders is key.
In return, this role promises to be both varied and challenging and offers great scope to have a true influence on the business.
This employer is highly progressive, growing in both the UK and Internationally via M&A Activity, therefore great scope for ongoing development can be offered.
A highly competitive basic salary coupled with excellent benefits and 10% bonus awaits.