My client is a market leading business within the engineering and technology sector, with a turnover in excess of $15b.
Due to continued expansion they now have a vacancy for a FP&A Analyst to join their team, ideally situated within Leicester and easily commutable from across the East Midlands.
Supporting the Divisional Senior Finance Manager, you will assist in the financial management of a European business unit, including financial reporting, financial forecasting, financial planning, financial analysis and asset management.
You will engage extensively with the local operations teams for divisional business units based in Europe, to understand the financial implications of long term project progression within the business.
Further more, you will work closely with the Senior Finance Manager as well as European based BU finance, to support the integration of the business into the world and Europe structure.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Responsibility for monthly consolidation and integrity of the divisional monthly forecast, by interfacing with sales and operations leads and divisional businesses, to understand the business and liaise with the Senior Finance Manager to propose POR adjustments where necessary.
– Monthly review of the financial results submitted by both sites, with the aim of ensuring overall data integrity and being in a position to explain significant variances versus prior month / year plan.
– Develop and maintain meaningful management reports, to provide insight on P&L, B/S, Headcount and Asset Management metrics which can be used by management teams.
– Work closely with the business units to understand ongoing projects, and understand their implications for revenue recognition and profitability.
– Implement Continuous Improvement Initiatives, with the focus on standardization and alignment to the other Flow Solutions Business Units – specifically, engage in supporting the integration of the Software business into the European WA reporting structure.
– Responsible for managing the Flow Solutions Europe HQ costs, which includes ongoing cost centre reviews with cost centre managers, managing monthly financial reporting and producing monthly forecasts.
– Engage in various ad hoc projects (technical and analytical support through Europe) which can include providing support on Oracle implementations and various systems related support.
– Provide ad hoc support to other BUs within the group.
The ideal candidate will be a Qualified or Part Qualified Chartered Accountant with previous work experience in finance, and experience gained within a FP&A / Commercial / Management Accounting position.
Strong analytical skills are essential, with experience of Oracle and HFM preferred, Advanced Microsoft Excel is essential.