My client is a high growth PLC within the Technology Industry, with exciting plans ahead for 2022 and beyond.
Whilst being a relative start up, over recent years this company have developed a unique and revolutionary product offering that already has contracts in place to see the company’s revenue grow at an exponential rate.
In preparation of this planned growth both organic and via acquisition, FRS have been enlisted to assist with the recruitment of a Group Accountant to join the business situated in Tamworth, Staffordshire and easily accessible from across the East and West Midlands, and also offering scope to work from home.
The successful candidate will be joining the company at an exciting time and have full control and autonomy to assist with the implementation of IBM Cognos, and establishing the group accounting and consolidations.
The position performs monthly, quarterly and year-end closing consolidation, and prepares financial statements in accordance with IFRS.
• Initially, lead on a project to help establish Group Accounting / Consolidations
• Perform monthly, quarterly and year-end closing consolidation, and prepares appropriate financial statements
• Reviews and interprets financial reporting requirements, rules and regulations
• In charge of inter-company transactions and reconciliation
• Coordinates with foreign entities’ accountants for timely financial reporting
• Assists in monitoring and developing monthly reports of revenues and expenditures for projects
• Assists with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures
• Assists with drafting and implementing corporate policy
• Ad hoc duties and duties as requested by Group Finance Director and CFO in preparation of growing the group of companies
The ideal candidate will be fully qualified (ACA / ACCA) with a strong understanding of IFRS, and ideally prior knowledge of Group Accounting / Consolidations.
Those currently working within a Big 4 or Top 10 Firm seeking a move into industry, will also be considered.
Needless to say, excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required, along with a high level of IT Literacy.
In return, this position promises to offer high levels of autonomy, with genuine scope to make a difference to the business and pretty much establish the Group and Consolidations accounting from scratch.
A basic salary of up to £55,000 plus excellent benefits, share options and excellent scope for career development within this rapidly expanding group await.