My client is an industry leading business in the Leisure and Tourism Industry ideally situated in Burton-Upon-Trent and with offering Hybrid working easily accessible from across both East and West Midlands.
As a result of internal promotion, FRS have been enlisted to assist with the recruitment of a Finalist or Qualified Accountant to join their Group Accounting team.
Reporting into the Financial Reporting Manager the duties will include
•The production of year-end statutory accounts for the consolidated UK group of companies, including preparing the accounts of several subsidiary entities.
•Production of periodic consolidation for the UK group for inclusion in the board pack
•Main contact at group for technical financial reporting advise
•Creation of accounting memos over judgemental or unusual items for review by senior management
•Ownership of the IFRS 16 accounting, including booking periodic adjustments and ensuring all lease variations are appropriately accounted for
•Creation and ownership of the group controls matrix and accounting manual to ensure group policies are appropriately applied
•Production of annual corporation tax computations
•Complete periodic balance sheet reconciliations, including production of their own area and the review of reconciliations produced from other accounting teams to ensure timely and accurate financial information is recorded in the ledger
•Liaising with external auditors to ensure smooth audit of year end accounts
•Provision of effective business insight to support the wider business in driving performance and making our business units more successful
The focus of this position
– Add value to the team by identifying and sharing potential opportunities to improve current processes and procedures
– Ability to recognise and respond to the wider business activity and objectives, identifying ways in which the wider Finance function can support
– Deliver exceptional customer service and support to both external customers and internal stakeholders in a professional manner and in line with company policy and legislative requirement
– Self-motivated, able to work on own initiative but to also be flexible in supporting the team
– Building strong and effective relationships across all areas of the business
– Liaise with field operations, internal support teams and suppliers as appropriate, in order to
• Yearly group consolidated accounts and subsidiary statutory accounts
• Periodic group accounts for inclusion in the board pack
• Production of yearly tax computations
• Control matrix
• Accounting manual
• Periodic reconciliations
– The ideal candidate will be Qualified Accountant preferably ACA, ICAEW , ACCA or equivalent with a demonstrable history of technical accounting experience
– Self-motivated; able to work on own initiative but also to be flexible in supporting the team
– Ability to plan and organise effectively to meet tight deadlines
– Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of the organisation (on the telephone and in writing)
– Ability to build rapport and develop key relationships
– Proactive approach to individual training and development
– A strong knowledge/understanding of Microsoft Excel and a competent user of Microsoft Word/Outlook/PowerPoint is highly desirable
– Experience of Microsoft Dynamics NAV is desirable but not required
In return my client is able to offer a challenging a progressive role with excellent scope for career development.
Hybrid working is offered with this position with a salary of up to £50,000 Bonus and excellent benefits being offered.