My client is a well-regarded and rapidly expanding international business within the Sales and Distribution Industry, with wider group interests within Construction, Financial Services and Utilities.
Due to succession planning, they have now engaged FRS to deliver the recruitment of a Qualified Accountant to join the business as Group Finance Manager, but working towards a Group Finance Director position within the next 36 months.
This position is ideally located on the outskirts of Tamworth, therefore easily commutable from across both the East and West Midlands.
This position will work closely with the Finance Director, partnering the Managing Director of two respective businesses in the delivery of accounting information, but also driving improvement in process, controls and systems.
• Timely production of monthly management accounts for 2 legal entities (UK and International)
• Work closely with the MD and partner, driving improvements in efficiency
• Cash flow management and forecasting
• Rolling 12 month forecast for profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow
• Balance sheet reconciliations
• Quarterly VAT returns, P11D, ONS submissions
• Overseeing and managing sales ledger, purchase ledger, credit control, payroll and banking administration. Making electronic payments according to business requirements
• Recruitment of and Managing a small finance team, including developing, mentoring, support and appraisal
• Direct point of contact with external professional bodies – Auditors, HMRC and debt recovery specialists
• Maintaining and developing internal controls / business processes (including systems)
• Creation of MI / KPI’s (non at present – providing analysis and commentary of performance to leadership team)
The ideal candidate will be formally qualified (ACA / ACCA / CIMA) with prior industry experience, however those within practice looking to take a step into industry will be considered.
My client is about to embark on a period of growth and continuous improvement, therefore an agile candidate that is looking to grow with a business and play a key role in the continued success is ideal.
This position can either be based in Tamworth or Handforth, and will include commuting to the other site 1 day each week.
In return, my client is able to offer a highly autonomous role where you can expect to be able to make a noticeable difference within a short period.
Future career development can be offered, with the Chairman ideally wanting candidates to aspire to a Finance Director position within 3 years.
A competitive basic salary and excellent benefits await.