We have a fantastic opportunity, at a very exciting time, for someone to join our business in the position of Group Financial Controller to spearhead the development and governance of our financial protocols, and help us plan for further growth across all our business areas.
We are seeking a technically sound, commercially astute and creative thinking individual. This is a senior leadership role within the business and will play a key part in safeguarding the organic growth, as well as the ambitious expansion plans the CEO and MD have.
You may have some experience from the Automotive industry already, whether that”s from a sales business, a service business, a rental business or build business – but this isn”t essential. You will have previous experience in a Financial Controller capacity and will enjoy being very hands on, taking a true ethic of ownership. You will be fully qualified ACA / ACCA / CIMA or equivalent, be confident managing and developing a team, be a creative thinker and have strong commercial awareness with a deep understanding and proactive approach to analysing management accounts, credit risk and financial exposure.
You will lead the management, compliance and the reporting of the Group”s finances, both day to day and at month, quarter and year end periods. You will manage a small team, be responsible for its development and the compliance of our postings. You will liaise with the Heads of each business unit, to ensure compliance with the day to day financial activities in line with the Group”s policies.
This is a challenging but very important role, that needs someone with a solid financial background and positive attitude. As the Financial Controller you will proactively manage and drive an optimal cash-flow position for the business, by taking ownership for cash flow forecasting activities, overseeing and optimising credit control activities covering all trading currencies. Ownership of the financial governance process, and controls of the Group driving regular reviews of key cycles and processes will also form part of the role.
– Management of the key finance functions which includes; budgeting, modelling, management accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable and credit control, financial accounting and treasury functions.
– Building and developing the finance team and the overall quality of the Group”s financial protocols.
– Drive continued improvement, standardisation and automation of reporting and processes across the Group.
– Maintain the development of the Group’s annual cash flow forecasts, modelling new opportunities and potential threats to highlight exceptions and variances, along with mitigation plans for adverse impacts.
– Design and implement an internal audit programme, to ensure governance and financial risk is managed effectively.
– Management of all operating expenses; ensuring spends comply with company policies and budgets, conducting variance analysis and reporting.
– Handle all banking and treasury activities for the Group, ensuring robust, efficient and timely processes are in place.
– Preparation of the monthly and quarterly management accounts; with relevant analysis, observations and recommendations put forward following your review of the depts.
– Managing customer credit accounts, make credit decisions, maintain strong relationships and overseeing credit control processes.
– Oversee the internal processing of Payroll, Pension submissions and all surrounding filing / submissions in a timely manner.
– Manage and negotiate supplier accounts, supplier rates and annual renewal terms.
– Explore and manage funding opportunities by way of grants, and matched funding incentives.
– Ensuring all regulatory filings and statutory returns are completed in an accurate, timely manner.
You will be a strong leader and people manager, with a track record of successfully developing teams and talent. You will be a strong influencer, with the ability to work effectively with people at all levels. You will have the ability to communicate effectively across all levels and build working relationships across all areas of the business.
– Experience of providing and discussing Company financial advice.
– Advanced skills with Excel and proactive, tenacious, passionate and driven to succeed.
– Group consolidation and reporting experience.
– Dynamic individual with strong interpersonal skills.
– Ability to present data in a clear and structured manner.
– Positive, progressive and flexible attitude with natural traits that strive for continuous improvement.
What you can expect from us:
– Competitive salary based on experience and what you have to offer.
– 25 days annual leave, increasing the longer you are with the business, as well as all UK public holidays.
– Flexible working hours, with opportunities to work remotely.
– Company pension.
– Employee discounts.
– Modern workstation environment, with all the tools and software you need.
– On-site parking with easy access from A46.
– Periodic team lunches and celebrations.