My client is a FTSE Listed, International group of companies operating within the infrastructure Industry and hold a strong position in niche markets, consistently deliver value to their shareholders with historical result, demonstrating year on year growth.
Due to continued International expansion and internal development, they now have a vacancy for a Group Internal Auditor to join the business, to be based from their UK Head Office in South Birmingham.
The Group Internal Auditor will be involved in the independent and objective evaluation of the Group’s internal controls, risk management and governance processes.
The role encompasses the assistance of (without emphasis and not limited to):
• Planning internal audit reviews, including the development and agreement of audit scopes and logistics.
• Performing internal audit reviews at subsidiary businesses, which assess and test the design and operating effectiveness of controls (both financial and non-financial).
• Documenting process flows and evidence in support of audit testing carried out.
• Identifying and documenting control deficiencies, and assessing the severity of associated risks.
• Recommending cost-effective improvements which are agreed with management.
• Preparing and presenting reports that reflect the results of audit work performed.
• Tracking and verifying the completion of audit actions, in accordance with timelines agreed with management.
• Performing ad hoc project work relating to risk management, controls and assurance as it arises.
The ideal candidate will be formally qualified (ACA / ACCA / ICAS), and ideally have worked within a top 50 accounting Firm.
– Industry based experience within Internal Audit would be desirable, and especially if gained within Manufacturing or with exposure to International Operations, however this is not essential.
– Integrity and sound independent judgement skills, complimented with self-confident and strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate at all levels (internally and externally is key).
– As a Group based role, this position requires around 40% Travel across the UK and Internationally.
This position is best suited to a dynamic self-starter with the desire to learn and ambition to progress further, as history has proven this position to be a great springboard into the wider business.
In return, a basic salary of £50,000 coupled with Car Allowance (£6k) and Bonus, giving a OTE Salary of £60,000 plus awaits.
Additional Benefits include; Defined contribution pension scheme, Medical and Life Insurance and 25 Days plus Stats annual leave.