My client is a dynamic and leading PE backed manufacturing business, ideally situated in Hinckley on the Leicestershire / Warwickshire Borders, with a group turnover in the region of £30m.
Due to continued growth and internal promotion, FRS have been enlisted to assist with the recruitment of a Group Management Accountant to join the business.
Working closely with the CFO, the Group Management Accountant will assist the individual business unit with their month end reporting requirements, by ensuring that group reporting deadlines are being adhered to and consolidating the group results for final review by the CFO and SLT.
The role is to ensure that group results are presented in a way which is helpful for the senior executive team and meets all reporting requirements.
• Responsible for group / consolidated accounting across 5 UK based companies
• Production of management accounts for 3 companies, to include commentaries and monthly forecasting
• Group bank reconciliation and investigating any differences where necessary
• Various ad hoc reports required for difference areas of management i.e stock reports showing actual vs previous forecast, stock days and various executive financial information packs
• Operate as a business partner between group finance and business units, and driving both improvement and cost reduction
• Assist operational teams with costing of new projects with analysis
• Ad hoc support to CFO around year end reporting
• Management of annual audit and tax comps with Top 10 Firm
• Play a key role in continuous improvement projects, including improvement of reporting, analysis, processes, controls and systems
The ideal candidate for this position will be practice trained with previous experience gained across Audit or Financial Accounting, and looking to make a first move into Industry.
Whilst candidates will ideally be ACA / ACCA Qualified, those still studying or even AAT Qualified but with suitable experience will be considered.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential due to the outward facing nature of the position.
Strong analytical skills and a good level of IT Literacy is also required, to include MS Excel to Pivots / Look Ups.
This position is newly created and previously held / completed as part of the current CFO’s responsibilities, therefore a handover on all tasks will be given.
The current CFO is a high-profile Top 10 Trained ACA, as such candidates will have excellent scope for ongoing guidance and mentorship.
In return, this role offers a basic salary of £40,000 coupled with excellent benefits, and scope for hybrid working (working from home) once established.
– 25 Days Holiday plus Bank Holidays
– Good Pension
– 1pm Friday finish
– Scope to work from home