My client is an international business within the FMCG / Retail Industry, demonstrating rapid growth over the last 10 years and now operating in over 20 countries, with a UK turnover in excess of £12b for the UK and Ireland alone.
Due to an international promotion, FRS have been enlisted to assist with the delivery of a Head of Finance Business Partnering.
In this varied role, you will head up the team that takes a closer look at how the company is performing, and share best practice knowledge with their international business.
You will ensure that your team produces the kind of reports that allow the Directors to make business-critical decisions.
Importantly, you will highlight where the finances are heading and flag up any areas that need particular attention. What you say and what you do can have a real impact on the future of the business.
With a wave of impressive sales figures behind the business, my client is expanding at lightning speed, requiring a key focus on both current and future performance.
An excellent opportunity to play a pivotal role leading a newly formed team of Business Partners, as they begin the journey to embed finance within the business, and promote a collaborative approach to business initiatives.
As part of the management team, you will play a key role in shaping the future strategy; delivering outstanding insights for business decisions and driving performance across all business areas.
• Effectively builds and maintains relationships with key stakeholders, to facilitate provision of proactive advice and support
• Proactively challenges business assumptions, utilising available data and own experiences
• Promotes cross-functional collaboration by sharing information with business partners and stakeholders, to understand the financial impact on projects / initiatives
• Actively engages with stakeholders to enhance commerciality of Finance function
• Successfully engages / supports key business stakeholders, ensuring open channels of communication where challenge is welcomed
• Acts as a supportive business partner for all Functional areas where financial input is required
• Draws upon commercial and project analysis experiences, to provide insight into risks and opportunities related to commercial data / projects
• Creates links between key business performance indicators to ensure financial impact is considered across projects and key initiatives
• Is inquisitive of information provided, using previous experience to challenge the status quo
• Leads by example, developing a team of business partners to ensure effective behaviours and competencies are ingrained within approach to both business initiatives and BI
• Achieves results through people by imparting knowledge to enable confident delegation
• Has sufficient commercial experience to act as a sound board for team, and offer support and recommendations to add value to the business
Skills & Qualifications:
• 2:1 Degree or equivalent
• ACA / ACCA / CIMA Qualified
• Experience in a Retail / Logistics / Manufacturing environment preferred
• Experience in financial analysis / commercial analysis
• Business partnering / FP&A
• Ability to analyse and interpret complex data
• Adept at building and maintaining relationships and networks
• Excellent communication skills, communicates clearly and confidently to have a positive influence on others
• Think strategically and is conscious of the bigger picture, both internally and externally, looking ahead to ensure long-term success for the business
• Leads others effectively, gaining the respect of individuals by supporting, empowering and empathising as appropriate