My client is a well-regarded £50m Turnover business within the Electrical and Mechanical Manufacturing Industry, ideally situated to the south of Coventry / Warwickshire and forms part of a much larger International Group.
Due to internal restructure, they have now engaged FRS to assist with the recruitment of a Qualified Accountant to join the business as Head of Finance, taking responsibility for the Warwickshire based site.
Reporting into Group Finance (Europe) and partnering closely with the site GM, this position is a lead finance position and requires a candidate that can operate strategically and maintain a hands on approach.
• Lead, guide, mentor and develop a team of 10, via the direct management of the financial controller
• Ensuring an environment of tight financial control, and delivery of the company’s financial strategy
• Forecast monthly, quarterly and annual results, having overall responsibility for all financial records
• Consult board members about funding options and recommend cost-reducing solutions
• Allocate resources and manage cash flows
• Conduct profit and cost analyses
• Evaluate and decide on investments, conduct risk management
• Payroll and financial reporting, performance reporting
• Ensure all accounting activities and internal audits comply with financial regulations
• Work closely with Group Finance and Site GM to drive continuous improvement
Applicants will be formally qualified (ACCA / CIMA / ACA) with PQE, ideally gained within a fast paced manufacturing environment.
Previous experience gained within a lead finance position is required, with a strong background of site and / or group cash flow management being demonstrated.
Whilst a good technical accounting knowledge and robust internal control experience is required, this position also promises to be highly commercial, therefore solid analytical skills with advanced MS Excel and decision-making skills are key.
In return, my client is able to offer a highly competitive basic salary coupled with an excellent benefits package.