FRS have been enlisted to assist with the appointment of a Head of Finance for a progressive professional services (regulated), business based within Leicester.
My client is a dynamic and relatively new business that has the energy, drive and determination to both dominate and change the perception of their industry.
Whilst a professional service business, when you walk through the door you realise that this is not an ordinary business.
The successful candidate will be joining the business at a key stage of growth, with the view of owning the financial management and reporting for the business, with duties including:
• Leading on all financial areas of the business, including forecasting, reporting, management accounts, grant applications, financial modelling, partnership pricing and invoicing, regular KPI and performance monitoring, HMRC and FCA returns, and overseeing payroll and day-to-day accounting
• Working closely day to day with the Execs and partners across all areas of the business, including Growth (Marketing), Tech and Product
• Regularly forecasting and managing cash flow
• Supporting fundraising processes
• Giving updates / presentations at quarterly board meetings and liaising with investors on ad hoc finance queries
• Managing the due diligence process for new investors
• Being point of contact for crowdfunding investors – providing regular updates and responses to ad hoc queries
• Inputting into strategic decision-making / idea generation
• Leading the internal remuneration committee
• Providing detailed LTV / CAC analysis and reviewing this on a regular basis
• Liaising with external accountants to complete statutory accounts and tax return, and on the implementation of the EMI scheme
• Provide guidance to and support of Finance Assistant
The ideal candidate will be an experienced and ideally Qualified Accountant, with boundless energy and determination to grow the business and make the most of all opportunities as well as having the creativity and drive to make new ones.
Whilst a leadership position, this is very much a hands-on role and candidates will need to have a good understanding across Financial and Management Accounting.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are key to this position, and candidates will need to demonstrate passion and ability to influence others.
If you are ambitious, looking to grow and learn, and want to build something awesome, then your search is over.