My client is a leading privately owned and profitable manufacturing business that has experienced rapid growth in recent years, including during the COVID 19 period, with an expected turnover of Circa £30m this year and further expansion planned.
As such FRS have been enlisted on a retained basis to deliver the recruitment of a Head of Finance to join the business, ideally situated on the Leicestershire / Derbyshire / Staffordshire Borders.
This is an opportunity for an ambitious and motivated finance professional to join the senior leadership team of a market leading, high growth SME.
The successful candidate will play a key part in driving the business forward, in both a financial and operational capacity.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Full ownership and responsibility for delivering the commercial planning process including, cost reviews, annual budgets, monthly forecasts, and monthly management reporting
• Business partnering to highlight efficiencies and improvements to business operations
• Working with a variety of key stakeholders to add value across the business
• Preparation of board presentations and regular KPI analysis
• Accurate, timely analysis and Reporting to management and group, including quality analysis of actual result against budget with due consideration of relevant underlying business issues
• Review and supporting staff with monthly and year end management account preparation, and performance metrics to tight deadlines
• Advise on Internal and External Market Factors
• Provide Strategic Advice and Insights
• Identify Trends and Opportunities for growth within the UK and International Markets
• Improve Internal Processes and Controls
• Analyse Financial Performance and Variances
The ideal candidate will be formally qualified with PQE, however those that are QBE that have demonstrated experience operating at this level within Manufacturing will be considered.
Previous costing and stock absorption experience is desirable, prior experience of SAP / ERP Systems is preferred but not essential.
You must have experience of creating and managing department budget, and demonstrate commercial ability to identify and implement areas for cost savings and improvements.
Candidates will need to be self-motivated and driven to work in an autonomous pivotal role as part of this fast-paced company.
Forming part of the senior leadership team, this position is the No 1 in Finance with future growth towards becoming Finance Director. As such, the ability to influence key stakeholders and support change whilst operating at board level is also key.
In return, candidates will be joining the business at a highly exciting time and will be able to impact and influence the continued growth of the business, with a planned exit via trade sale / PE within the next 5 years.
My client is keeping an open mind on salary / package, and has asked FRS to shortlist candidates at a range of salary levels based on experience.
A basic salary of between £50,000 – £70,000 plus Bonus will be considered, with further growth once established and proven, and additional earn out options on successful sale of the business.