My client is a leading International business within the Sales & Distribution Industry with a collective turnover in the region of £20m across 5 European business units with additional expansion laying ahead.
Due to the above, FRS have been enlisted to assist with the recruitment of a Qualified Accountant to join the business as Head of Finance working from their site in Tamworth
As the lead Finance Professional for this area of the company, the successful candidate will work closely with Group Finance Director, Managing Director and Chairman with a focus of driving change and improvement across process, controls, reporting and analysis and also operate at a strategic as part of the SLT to future plan for companies continued growth and expansion which may include M&A.
What is key to this position is candidates will need to be comfortable working in a face-paced, ever-changing, SME environment.
• “Big picture” financial strategy, including international corporate organisation, industry sectors, product lines, profitability analysis, working capital management and financing strategy.
• Day-to-day financial reporting including improvement of management accounting, putting in place a budgeting and forecasting process, cash flow reporting and forecasting, and management information on sales and stock levels.
• Improving service levels provided by the Finance team including accuracy, reliability and timeliness.
• Managing and motivating a small finance team in order to achieve this objective.
• Liaison with professional advisors.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Financial strategy, borrowings, loans and debentures, financing stock and trade debtors, new products and markets.
• Working capital management and stock control.
• Dealing with all financial aspects of overseas subsidiaries, whether via UK staff or overseas partners. Including management accounting and tax compliance.
• Profitability analysis and decision support to ensure we are selling the right product lines in the right sectors to the right customers sourced from the right suppliers.
• Set up and establish a budgeting process, and follow it up with accurate and meaningful forecasting and reporting, with commentary and variance analysis.
The ideal candidate will be a Qualified Accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA) preferably with PQE gained within a similar finance leadership position and comfortable operating as part of the SLT with regular communication at board level. Those that are QBE with suitable experience will be considered.
A good varied accounting knowledge to include business planning, budgeting and forecasting, month end reporting, financial analysis, business partnering will also need to be demonstrated
Experience gained within a dynamic and fast paced SME business is preferred and knowledge of a sector which within Sales & Distribution or involving import/stock-holding/overseas operations is a major advantage.
Those that have suitable experience but are seeking a step into their first No 1 position and those working within practice but seeking a move into a commercially focused position with industry should still apply
Applicants must have a good level of IT Literacy to include MS Excel to Intermediate / Advanced level for use of Financial Analysis, Modelling and Data Manipulation. And PowerPoint for presentations.
Experience of Sage based systems is desirable but not essential
Ideally degree level educated (not essential)
In return my client is able to offer a challenging, highly autonomous and progressive opportunity within a dynamic privately owned group of companies with exciting plans for both UK and International expansion
A basic salary of £50,000 to £60,000 DOE Benefits, Bonus can be offered.