My client is a market leading international business with a history of over 90 years of local trade, employing over 4,000 across 75 Countries and with a big presence within the US and EMEA Regions.
As a result of Maternity, FRS have been engaged to deliver the recruitment of a Head of Financial Reporting on a 12 Month basis, with great prospects of further extension.
Working from the UK Head Office based in Coventry and also from Home, this position will work closely with and assist the Financial Controller with reporting and communicating all financial information relative to the EMEA business units, including month end, quarter end and SOX compliance matters.
Key activities and responsibilities:
• Management of the GL Accountant reporting function for EMEA, and completion of quarterly success factor reviews.
• Ensure accuracy of journal entries made by the GL Accountants, and appropriate back up for journals are present.
• Review and complete month end reporting to the Financial Controller for consolidation on working day five versus plan. Ensure intercompany balances agree, working with the relevant teams as necessary.
• Manage responsibilities for timely completion of all tasks, ‘get it right first time, on time’.
• Communicate closely with internal and external audit as required.
• Ensure accuracy and timely completion of balance sheet reconciliations, including submission into Black line.
• Responsible for the close timetable accuracy, and completion of and ensure accuracy of reporting best process and practice is being upheld.
• Review SOX controls and ensure the correct controls are being adhered to.
• Responsible for external Statutory Accounts submissions across EMEA.
• Management of Internal and External audit.
• Continually challenge the status quo.
• Be innovative always looking for improvements that speed up reporting, and create time to aid in business and process innovation.
The ideal candidate will be well organised, methodical and articulate, with strong technical knowledge.
You will have statutory account experience, and tax experience will be a real advantage.
Applicants will need to be formally qualified (ACA / ACCA / CIMA), ideally with PQE gained working within a fast paced group / business.
You will have the ability to work with large amounts of data, and past experience gained working within Audit could be desirable.
You will be a leader and will coach and mentor junior members of the team, inspiring their growth and development.
In return, my client is able to offer a basic salary of £75,000 coupled with retention bonus for the completion of the FTC.
Additional benefits include – Holiday entitlement of 25 days (plus Bank Holidays), On-site parking, Employee referral scheme, Flexible working.