FRS are recruiting a Health, Safety and Wellbeing Officer for a leading Educational organisation based in Coventry.
Supporting the senior management with developing and promoting a positive health, safety and wellbeing culture at the organisation and securing the occupational health and safety for all staff and visitors on site.
You will be responsible for the effective and efficient management of all health, safety and wellbeing matters, including maintaining the wellbeing strategy, policy implementation, monitoring and inspection, risk assessment and delivery of training.
Health & Safety:
– Lead robustly and passionately to embed a culture of positive health and safety founded on shared values and beliefs
– Be responsible for ensuring every member of staff is clear about, and motivated to fulfil, their role and responsibilities in the health, safety and wellbeing of themselves and others
– Conduct and report upon annual audits
– Attend and fully contribute at H&S committee meetings; keep senior leaders informed of H&S standards and performance, opportunities for improvement, concerns or breach of compliance
– Ensure that appropriate risk assessments are carried out across the organisation
– Identify areas of improvement and preventative strategies to minimise risk
– Working with the HR Department and senior leadership team to develop, deliver and implement a new Staff Wellbeing Policy and associated practice
– Support the Head of HR in embedding a healthy and inclusive culture throughout, which prioritises employees’ general health and wellbeing
– Assist in any duties relating to the provision of staff health and wellbeing that the Head of HR considers appropriate
Suitable candidates will have / be:
– A thorough, sound understanding of H&S and Wellbeing Issues, including Fire Management and Risk Management
– NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety is essential (or evidence of working towards); evidence of further professional training, such as Fire Manager certification etc.
– Membership to IOSH preferred
– Experience of creating and implementing wellbeing; strategies, initiatives and fostering engagement with initiatives
– Experience of and proven ability of working collaboratively cross-functionally with others; of overseeing, advising, monitoring and checking performance of staff across sites and departments, effectively controlling compliance and standards
– Strong team player who works collaboratively and willingly to achieve the broader outcomes and aims of their function