My client is a well regarded divisional manufacturing business, ideally situated in North Leicester.
Due to forthcoming maternity, they have now engaged FRS to assist with the recruitment of a Cost and Management Accountant to join the team, on a 12 months Temporary or Fixed Term Basis.
Reporting into the Financial Controller, this is a key position assisting with:
• To develop, implement and provide accurate and timely cost and management accounting information
• To proactively promote, facilitate and enhance the financial awareness of all employees, especially Managers
• Maintain the integrity of financial systems and reports
• Proactively work with other departments to reduce costs, improve productivity and streamline existing systems and processes
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To assist in the development, implementation and provide an effective cost and management accounting and information service which meets the needs of the business
• Be responsible for the Company’s costing system, and continuously develop it to a world class standard
• Assist in the analysis and investigation of all variances to standard – Communication of adverse variances to the operations team and development of action plans to rectify
• Development, implementation and preparation of departmental costs and recovery rates, together with monthly comparisons to actual and explanation of variances
• To manage the inventory of stocks of raw materials, W.I.P. and finished goods including regular stock takes, perpetual inventory controls
• To manage manufacturing costing systems and report on manufacturing costs, comparing estimated, standard and actual costs to selling prices
• Assist with the preparation and submission of monthly accounts, within two working days of the period end
• Assist with the preparation of year-end financial accounts information
• To carry out SOX testing as required by the SOX coordinator
• Assist management where necessary to analyse and justify new capital equipment, changes in working practices etc.
• To continually strive to improve and simplify procedures and systems
The ideal candidate will have previous experience gained within Management / Cost Accounting in Manufacturing, and be happy working within a fun but fast paced environment.
My client’s focus is more based on team fit and experience, and as such those that are Qualified, Part Qualified and QBE will all be considered.
In return, a daily rate of £300 or FTC on an equivalent basis can be offered.