My client is a leading Group of companies, with interests in both Manufacture and Sales / Distribution.
This business has a product range of over 1,500 products, businesses in the UK, Europe and South Africa, producing a turnover of circa £50m.
Due to internal movements, FRS have been engaged to deliver the recruitment of an Interim Finance Director for a 6-9 Month Period.
To be a key team member in a fast growing and expanding International business, and bring the skills necessary to develop the finance function with improved financial reporting and reviews of potential overseas acquisitions, whilst working as part of the Senior Management Team.
• Provide strategic and operational financial leadership
• Operate best practice and in line with statutory regulations and legislation
• Manage the year end statutory accounts and audit process for the Group
• Manage and agree the annual budgeting process
• Liaise with bank and any financial providers, identify best practice solutions and review and manage FOREX exposures
• Integrate Group businesses from a Financial perspective – manage production and provision of subsidiary monthly Management Accounts for 2 businesses overseas
• Lead and develop the financial controller and finance team
• Have direct involvement in all financial planning, treasury, currency and cash flow management
• Ensure the timeous provision of appropriate financial information, including monthly management reporting to the board
• Identify key risks and opportunities
• Work with the MD as part of the senior management team, providing strategic, analytical and business support
• Provide supporting analysis to validate strategies and business plans
• Work with those responsible for business development, to ensure the business maximises revenue opportunities
To be successful in this role, you will be required to demonstrate the following key skills:
• Qualified Accountant, organised and efficient, able to prioritise
• Personal strengths as the business grows from a “family” structure
• Commercial background, with the ability to strategically advise a high-growth business from a financial perspective
• A genuine team player, with excellent staff management skills
• Achieving the highest standards of corporate governance
• A track record in delivering innovative solutions to complex, long-term challenges
• A “hands-on” approach, keen to get into the detail, with the ability to contribute at Board level
• Ability to positively communicate in order to form and maintain good working relationships internally and externally
• Experience in managing working capital, currencies and cash
• Sound IT expertise, using Microsoft Office applications (Microsoft NAVISION an advantage)
• Proactive, enthusiastic attitude, generating and embracing new ideas