My client is a divisional specialised engineering business that forms part of a much larger Group PLC.
Due to forthcoming maternity, FRS have been enlisted to assist with the recruitment of a Qualified Accountant to join the business as Finance Manager on a 9 month Maternity FTC.
Reporting into the Group Director of Finance, this position operates as the No 1 in finance for this divisional business.
• Compilation and Submission to Group of Monthly reports including Flash, bridges, MA pack and Business Presentation
• Providing Business partnering to the operational team, and attending and providing information for monthly reviews with leadership team
• Main point of contact for the Internal and External Audit
• Preparation and monitoring of annual budget and rolling forecasts
• Production of Monthly Management Accounts for the business, in accordance with group timetable
• Ensuring all intercompany balances are reconciled and agreed at Month end, and Balance Sheet reconciliations are completed and signed off by Group FD
• Submission of VAT, Intrastat and EC sales returns
• Completion of weekly sales report, and reconciliation of any variances to order book
• Treasury responsibility, including processing of all payments, sterling and international, and ensuring authority limits are adhered to
• Participation in the Internal and External Audit, including compiling the audit pack – also recognised areas of weakness within the department and improved internal controls
The ideal candidate will be formally qualified (CIMA / ACCA / ACA), with prior experience gained within a similar position.
With this position being the lead finance role based on site, candidates will need to feel comfortable delivering all of the above with limited supervision (a 2 month hand over with outgoing candidate will be offered).
This position is a maternity cover FTC for around 9 months, and can offer a retention bonus for successful completion of the contract.
A basic salary of up to £50,000 plus Bonus and benefits await.