My client is a well-regarded Manufacturing business, ideally situated in North East Leicestershire, therefore easily commutable from Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire and Cambridgeshire.
Due to promotion, they now have a requirement for an Accountant to join the business on a 3 month interest basis.
During this time, you will assist with the below duties:
• To own the trial balance (P&L and Balance Sheet) and monthly / annual statutory reporting process; completion to a high standard of accuracy, with clear explanation of variances and meeting all local, Group and external deadlines.
• Provision of information to the wider business arising from the preparation of the monthly accounts, to allow understanding of the business financial performance and opportunities for cost control.
• Provide oversight of the weekly cash forecasting process, to ensure that forecasts are accurate over the short to medium term.
• Preparation / review of balance sheet reconciliations, including resolution of differences and issues identified – preparation of quarterly provisions review and monitoring of provision levels.
• Assist the Finance Manager in the preparation of information for inclusion in Budgets, CYE forecasting etc., to meet the reporting requirements of the business, considering the impact of any business changes.
• Lead day to day management of the Assistant Financial Accountant and Payroll teams including team development, talent identification, and management.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience gained within a similar position, and ideally be working towards ACA / ACCA / CIMA, if not already qualified.
Previous experience gained within a FMCG / Manufacturing business is ideal, however not essential.
In return, this position can be offered on a 3-6 month Interim or FTC Basis, with scope for extension to be involved in wider business finance projects.
An immediate start can be offered, with a day rate of £250 being paid or £45,000 if FTC.