My client is a well-regarded divisional manufacturing business and one of a number of UK subsidiaries, reporting into the US Parent company, turning over $6bn.
Due to completion of a long term FTC, we have now been engaged to assist with the recruitment of a Temporary Management Accountant for around a 3 month period.
• Implementation of daily KPI monitors for the finance team, and corrective action plans for measures off target
• To provide an effective financial / management accounting service which meets the needs of the business, whilst ensuring compliance with Statutory and company accounting procedures and demands
• Assist in the preparation and submission of monthly accounts within three working days of the period end
• Responsible for reconciling balance sheet accounts, ensuring that back up documentation is also complete
• Explanation of variances from plan, and implementation of corrective actions where applicable
• Responsible for the financial accounting and management of subsidiary and sister company – this may require occasional visits to the site
• Assist with the preparation and submission of quarterly forecasts and rolling monthly forecasts
• Responsibility for the preparation and submission of accurate and timely VAT returns, IPR returns and other government returns and statistics
• Assistance with the timely preparation of annual budgets
• Assist in the preparation of year end statutory financial accounts, including liaison with the Company’s Auditors
• Assist the SOX Co-ordinator in the maintenance of the SOX control requirement for the business
• Review of daily cash monitoring and cashflow forecast reports
• To assist the manufacturing managers to analyse and justify requirement for new capital equipment, changes in working practices etc.
• To continuously strive to improve the Operating Working Capital of the business
• To continually strive to improve and simplify procedures and systems
Applicants will have previous experience gained within Management Accounting, and experience within Manufacturing preferred but not essential.
This is an interim position which can be paid on either a day or hourly rate and is expected to last at least 3 months in duration, with extension to 6 months to assist with ad hoc projects likely.