My client is a well-regarded, US listed business with a global turnover of in excess of £2b.
Due to continued expansion of their European operation via both growth and acquisition, they now have a vacancy for an International Accountant to join the European Finance team; ideally situated in North West Leicestershire, close to the M42 and therefore easily commutable from across both East and West Midlands.
Reporting into the International Accounting Manager, this is a key role to the business covering the UK and Europe’s legal and corporate finance responsibilities, supporting management accounting and international projects.
• Support Accounting Manager with the reconciliation of all monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
• Support in management of the fixed asset register, rental fleet and inventory, ensuring all assets are approved, recorded and disposed of correctly.
• Support along with the International accounting team, to ensure completion of all UK and Europe’s companies statutory filings on time.
• Along with international accounting team, to ensure completion of all company tax computations and tax returns.
• Support to HR – Ensure Payroll, Benefit and Pensions bookings are recorded and paid accurately.
• Support with the Accounting Manager, to complete VAT submissions and Intrastat reporting and review VAT processes.
• Manage SOX testing.
• Ensure Journal entries are posted, and all activities supporting the monthly close is performed in a timely and accurate manner.
• Ensure Legal documentation is stored centrally in the system and with third party.
• With internal audit teams, drive the European businesses to a strong audit rating and full compliance to policies.
• Ensure accounting standards are reviewed to legal obligations.
• Support with continuous improvement initiatives and help drive efficiency, whilst ensuring compliance and installing automated controls where possible.
The business is about to embark on a roll out of SAP across all European businesses, a willingness and desire to be involved in change management projects.
The ideal candidate will be Part Qualified or Qualified (ACCA / CIMA / ACA), and seeking a fast paced and dynamic role within a rapidly expanding international business.
Previous experience gained in a similar position with exposure to Balance Sheet Control, General Ledger Accounting and VAT is desirable.
This position promises to be both varied and challenging, FRS have successfully placed a number of individuals within this business over the last 10 years, all of whom are still with the company and experienced several promotions in this time.
A competitive basic salary of up to £40,000 coupled with excellent benefits, bonus and scope for development both within the UK and internationally await.