My client is a SME business within the FMCG / Manufacturing Industry, ideally situated within Leek, Staffordshire.
Due to expansion and a period of investment, they now have a vacancy for a Management / Cost Accountant to join the business.
Reporting into the Finance Manager, this is a newly created position to provide additional focus across Management and Cost Accounting Activity.
• To own the weekly profit and loss pack for issue to the business, being able to confidently discuss and to assist in month end reconciliations
• Producing the material usage variance reports, identifying key variances and attending usage variance meetings, working towards daily variances
• Own the product costing process from concept to launch, and provide advice to business functions on potential decision-making, ensuring information is complete and accurate, ensuring gross margin moves forward with best use of Recipe Professor
• Support the Management Accountant to drive forward the management accounting support function within the business
• Producing management information for Commercial and Operations departments, and playing a key part in providing a ‘no surprise’ environment
• Ownership and publishing of the weekly inflation tracker and issue to the business in a timely manner, including PPV forecast
• Maintenance of Aurora and AX financial information (BOM’s)
• General day to day accounting responsibilities / projects
A professional accountancy qualification (ACCA or CIMA) – will consider strong part-qualified.
• Proven manufacturing costing and management accounting experience
• Ability to manage, maintain and build effective business partner / stakeholder relationships within the business, to drive better business decision making capabilities through accurate finance information
• Excellent analytical ability, with expert working knowledge of Microsoft packages, along with ability to work with other complex finance systems
• Ability to communicate well with people at all levels within the business, and present data and information that can be clearly understood