My client is a successful international market leader within the IT industry (supplying into the logistics sector), demonstrating strong financial performance and remaining largely unaffected by the downturn caused by COVID19.
Due to continued expansion, they have a Permanent vacancy for a Management Accountant to join the business.
This position will be home based (Due to COVID – 19), however occasional travel to the UK Head Office based in Newark may be required.
This role is very varied and will provide you with exposure to an array of duties in management accounts, and some duties in financial accounts. You will be responsible for producing financial accounts and presentations which will be delivered at board level.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
· Preparation of month-end management accounts and presentations
· Accrued and Deferred Income analysis and reconciliations
· Balance sheet reconciliations
· Performance and KPI analysis
· Month End Journals, Prepayments and accruals
· Ensuring income and costs are correctly allocated
· Analysis of gross margins on product line sales
· Maintain the fixed asset register and calculate depreciation
· Ad hoc reporting and analysis projects
The ideal candidate will be working towards CIMA or ACCA if not already qualified, and ideally have previous experience gained within Management Accounting within a dynamic, fast paced business.
Strong analytical skills are essential for this position, and good knowledge of MS Excel is required. Experience of Access Dimensions System would be ideal, however not essential as full training can be given.
This position is a key role within a fast moving finance department, and the business are looking for an individual that is not just looking to produce the numbers, but bring them to life and work closely with the wider business to drive improvement and utilise strong commercial business acumen.
In return, my client is able to offer a competitive basic salary of £28,000 – £35,000 coupled with excellent benefits and study support for those still studying.