You will form part of the Management team and play a lead role in not only managing the company’s entire accounting function, but also contributing to the business strategy. You will have responsibility for leading the Finance function, ensuring all reporting and analysis of cash management is produced in a timely manner.
We are looking for a hands-on person, with an eye for detail and a commercial awareness.
Key accountabilities and tasks:
· Production of accurate, consistent and timely monthly management accounts for the Board including results, KPI’s, detailed variance analysis, forecasts and commentary.
· To contribute to the preparation of Company”s Financial Plan and budgets, in conjunction with the Directors.
· Bank reconciliations (UK and International), cash-flow statements and monitoring.
· Develop the forecasting models (P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash-flow).
· Prepare information to statutory authorities, including HMRC and other government departments (including providing statutory returns for tax, VAT etc.).
· Capital planning and investment appraisal.
· Maintain a fixed asset register.
· Oversee all tax and regulatory compliance issues, in conjunction with our external Chartered Accountant professional advisers. Knowledge of Making Tax Digital is advantageous.
· To ensure the integrity of the Company”s ledgers and associated systems, including control account reconciliations and preparation of year end documentation.
· Liaise with external advisors on the preparation of statutory financial information.
· Liaise with the company’s bank and maintain a sound business relationship.
· Manage insurances.
· AP/AR and total Credit Control.
· Management of both sales and purchase ledgers.
· Review and maintain company internal controls.
· To seek improvements in the Company”s information systems (manual and electronic).
· To identify and evaluate areas for improvement of profit / spend, with particular regard to cost reductions and methodology, analysis of spend, material ratios etc.
Key skills & experience:
· Extensive management accounting experience, preferably in an SME environment and ideally in manufacturing or distribution / warehousing, including an understanding of controls and processes
· Analytical skills
· Strong Excel experience, including model building and pivot tables
· Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written, especially in order to communicate effectively at all levels within the organisation and with outside professional organisations, as well as customers
· Be commercially aware
· Experienced at taking a lead and presenting information
· Previous experience at providing commercial support and input to a management team within a fast-paced environment
· Multitasking skills
· Possess a good, strong understanding of business and financial issues
· The ability to work to tight deadlines
· Project management experience would be a benefit
Person specification / key behaviours:
· For the hands-on aspect of this position, you will at least be qualified to AAT (to Technician level)
· For the strategic side of this position, you will either be CIMA qualified, or at least be working towards this qualification
· Good range of financial and commercial leadership skills
· Competent with SAGE line 50 or SAP Business One
· You will have held a Finance Manager / Controller level role, or at least have been ready for this level of promotion
· You will need to be comfortable balancing hands-on financial management with making senior level decisions as part of this job
· Have lots of energy and self-motivation
· Be committed and proactive
· Be a strong minded individual who can handle different aspects of the business and individuals
· Able to challenge the status quo and drive through changes
· Diligent, analytical and inquisitive with excellent attention to detail
· Up to date knowledge of accounting regulations
· Sound decision making
· Demonstrate professional conduct with exemplary integrity
· Reliable, flexible and co-operative
· Ensuring the existing accounts timetables are adhered to and improved upon
· Ensuring meaningful information is provided to the management team, to enable timely and accurate decisions to be made affecting policy and operations
· Ensuring stability within the accounts function and a strong control environment
· Ensuring that all resources are used in the most effective manner, optimising return where relevant
· Identifying and evaluating areas within the Company’s operations that may be improved
Current Standard Business Hours are Monday – Thursday 8:00am – 4:30pm, Friday 8:00am – 1:00pm
Flexible Hours maybe possible for this position
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Pay: £30,000 – £35,000 per year