My client is a leading supplier of specialist construction, with a collective turnover of around £50m and operating from several locations across the UK.
Due to continued expansion, they have now engaged FRS to assist with the appointment of a Group Management Accountant to join the business, operating from the UK Head Office in Birmingham, located near to Jct. 6 of the M6, therefore easily commutable from across the Midlands.
Reporting directly to the Financial Director, you will be expected to produce timely, accurate management information for the Group; to consolidate budget and forecast / business plan information for the group; to perform key reconciliation tasks; to assist with year-end processes and statutory accounts preparation.
• Produce the monthly consolidated management reports, in line with the required timeframes provided by the Finance Director
• Review and analyse all inputs to the reports
• Provide variance analysis and commentary in support of the monthly reports, as directed
• Provide ad hoc management reports as required by Directors
• Continually adapt and improve management reports, as agreed with the Finance Director
• Consolidate annual budget, including long term cash flow planning and rolling plan / forecast information for subsequent years
• Lead, develop and support the Accounts Manager, in managing the rest of the Accounts team to produce accurate and timely data
• Business analysis on specified areas from the Finance Director
• Other ad hoc duties as prescribed by the Finance Director or Managing Director, to assist in achieving the Finance Department objectives
• Assist with the preparation of year end accounts, liaising with auditors as required
• Prepare annual statutory accounts
Person Specification – Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
Accounting and Systems
• Previous accounting experience in a busy, progressive and tightly managed business, including monthly reporting, annual budget preparations, financial modelling, cash flow reporting and statutory accounts
• Extensive experience of computerised accounting systems
• Demonstrable experience of facilitating and implementing new accounts systems
• Highly proficient Microsoft Office user
• Ability to ‘think outside the box’, and to assimilate data into meaningful financial information
• Strong spreadsheet manipulation skills and aptitude for Excel work
• A meticulous and methodical approach
• Ability to develop and improve report formats, in line with business needs
Project Management Skills
• Ability to deliver accurate, high quality work and reports to deadlines and to required standards
• Good report development and writing skills
• Strong project management and administrative skills
• Consistent performance under pressure
• Self-motivation and drive
• High standard of written and verbal communication
• Able to communicate effectively at all levels within a large organisation
• Demonstrable experience of managing an established accounts team
• Proven relationship building skills
• Flexible approach to work
Salary is dependent on experience and qualification.
28 Days holiday (including Bank Holidays, plus additional days for long service), a contributory pension scheme, life assurance, health cash plan, HSF perkbox and on-site parking.