My client is an international leading manufacturing business, supplying products to both business and consumer, with a history of over 100 years of trade.
Supplying into the construction and house building sector, this business results have been largely unaffected by COVID and are set for a great 2020 / 2021.
Due to the above, FRS have been enlisted to assist with the recruitment of a Part Qualified / Finalist to join the business as Management Accountant.
This position will offer a hybrid work model sharing time between home and their UK Head Office based in North West Leicestershire, Nr Jct. 22 of the M1.
Reporting into the Financial Controller, this position still offers great exposure to Finance Director and Managing Director, and will assist with the below:
• Month end / year end reporting to strict deadline to meet group requirements
• Cost analysis – Cost of sales and general overheads against prior periods and budget
• Support other departments with information required such as Advertising and Promotion analysis
• Maintain Corporate Process Regulations
• Assist in forecast / budget and audit
General Role Overview:
• Month end process to include financial reporting to specific deadlines
• Balance Sheet reconciliations
• Cost analysis – spend to date / variance analysis / cost per head
• Staff costs analysis such as mobile phone costs / staff expenses / car expenses
• Maintaining finance processes in line with corporate regulations
• Cost centre analysis such as Advertising and Promotion, and liaising with the department heads
• Assist in annual budget / forecasting
• Liaise with KPMG, complying to audit requirements and ensuring the information provided is accurate, clear and timely
• Occasionally travel to branch in Ireland and premises in London
• New processes to drive efficiency such as ad hoc projects to improve processes
• Ad hoc duties
The ideal candidate will be working towards qualification (ACCA / ACA / CIMA) with previous experience gained in a similar position.
• Proactive and highly organised, with strong time management and planning skills, meticulous attention to detail and a proven ability to multitask
• Highly proficient in using computer applications and software (especially Microsoft Office, with excellent Excel ability, and preferably SAP)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, to interact with colleagues in both the UK and abroad, cross-functional teams, and third parties
• Observant and resourceful with a methodical approach
• Ability to meet deadlines with accuracy
• Self-motivated and driven to meet challenges
This position promises to be both varied and challenging with excellent scope for the successful candidate to make the role their own, and also expanding the position to have wider responsibilities.
Being a progressive position, study support towards ACCA / CIMA can be offered, coupled with great development opportunities.
A basic salary of £30,000 to £35,000 plus study and excellent benefits await.
(This position currently operates and will continue to operate a hybrid working model, with a 60/40 split between home and office based working)