FRS have been enlisted by a well established and rapidly expanding business within the food manufacturing industry, in the recruitment of a Management Accountant.
This position is to be based from the client’s site in West Leicestershire, therefore easily commutable from across both Leicestershire and Warwickshire.
You will work closely with the Financial Controller, operating as the 2nd most senior finance professional within the business.
As the Management Accountant, you will be responsible for working with company management to support their high-level decision making. You will use your financial acumen to give information to inform on business strategy.
Key responsibilities will be:
• Record financial transactions for the company.
• Prepare financial statements for internal and external use.
• Reconcile spending with budget as part of job costing.
• Analyse financial performance and forecast longer term projections.
• Recommend methods and strategies for cutting cost.
• Maintain records and support auditing efforts.
As the Management Accountant, you will develop, produce, analyse and supply finance related management information and report on:
• Preparation of monthly management accounts and associated forecasts, undertaking analysis and reporting to the Financial Controller and Senior Management.
• Thorough investigation of differences / inconsistencies and highlight any findings to all required parties.
• To produce Statutory accounts in conjunction with auditors and preparation of year end audit schedule.
• Oversee inter-company account reconciliations, accounts payable / receivable, cash flow forecasting, the preparation of monthly VAT returns and online filing and expense claims.
• Ensure debtors and creditors are managed appropriately and promptly.
• Developing long-term business plans based on information and reporting.
• Ensure that all Governance and Compliance requirements are adhered to, and all reporting and reviewing activities are carried out to the standards required.
• Experience of activity based costing in a manufacturing environment preferred.
This is a permanent position, you will be required to work Monday to Friday from the Leicestershire based offices, with a salary of between £35,000 to £40,000 DOE.
The ideal candidate will be working towards ACA / ACCA / CIMA if not already qualified, and ideally have previous experience gained within a FMCG / manufacturing business, an understanding of cost accounting is desirable, however this is not essential.
Candidates must have previous Management Accounting experience coupled with a good level of IT literacy, including MS Excel.