This position is responsible for ensuring the effective delivery of high quality financial support and information to senior management, director and stakeholders within the business, ultimately driving the finance agenda and playing an integral part in the decision making process.
As well as this you will be responsible for full P&L analysis, providing relevant insight and formulating strategies to drive performance and ensuring transparency. Translating the numbers and providing business partnering across the value chain, structure and analysis for accurate group reporting.
– Be responsible for the monthly management reporting, and identify areas of improvement and trends, highlighting corrective actions and ensuring these are delivered.
– Responsible for the on-time and accurate production of monthly accounts and supporting papers.
– Prepare costing proposals for major contracts and aid the sales function to ensure adequate return on investment.
– Adherence to group transfer pricing guidelines and targets for liquidity, profit and performance ratios.
– Ensure the accuracy of Product Pricing and take ownership for sales splits within the Profit and Loss.
– Provide timely and robust financial analysis for key cost types, cost of sales and gross margin.
– Assist with the preparation of the annual external audit.
– Preparation of annual budgets and forecasts of the Profit and loss and Balance sheet.
– Ensure internal controls and systems are effective and efficient, reviewing current systems to determine areas of continual improvement.
– Responsibility for providing technical advice and guidance internally within the business in relation to accounting matters, in particular IFRS, and ensuring exceptional controls and processes.
– Prepare and monitor monthly management accounts by product and business field.
– Delivery of key insights and cost drivers of the business general and administration costs.
– Maintain and develop robust reporting platforms and streamline processes where appropriate.
Requirements for the role:
• To be very delivery focused with a strong business acumen
• Strong analytical and communication skills
• Strong leadership skills and the ability to influence key stakeholders
• Part-qualified or qualified with an appropriate body (ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
• Good problem-solving skills and be process orientated
• The ability to work under pressure and to tight timelines