My client is a well established group of companies operating within the property industry, with a UK / Midlands office based near Brierley Hill.
Due to continued expansion, FRS have been enlisted to assist with the recruitment of a Management Accountant to join the business.
Reporting into the Commercial Financial Controller, the successful candidate will:
• To own the accuracy and quality of the monthly P&Ls of the properties within your portfolio, to support the financial reporting requirements of both the Financial and Commercial accountant teams.
• The Management Accountant will develop, maintain and distribute ad hoc in-depth analysis reports and financial models as required.
• You will be responsible for a mixed portfolio of properties, including Industrial, Retail and Residential sites.
– Forecast P&L and Monthly Management Accounts.
– Produce monthly profit and loss account and variance report, with commentary for the Financial Accountant.
– Review operational income and expenditure and post journals as required, to ensure accuracy of monthly reporting is maintained to a high standard.
– Monitor performance indicators, highlighting insightful and accurate trends and analysing causes of unexpected variances.
– Responsible for monitoring service charge recovery and explaining shortfalls.
– Ensuring cost recharging to tenants is undertaken where applicable.
– Work with Commercial Accountants to produce performance reports for Asset Managers / Sector Directors quarterly reviews, along with rolling property P&L forecasts.
– Identify opportunities to improve cost management across the portfolio.
– Ensure acquisitions are implemented accurately and efficiently, communicating with Property Accountant, Financial Accountant and credit control as required to ensure a smooth transition.
– Reporting of refurbishment expenditure – agreement with the Financial Accountant as to the appropriate treatment, split between exceptional costs and capital expenditure.
– Responsible for completing head rent calculations, with liaison with the Asset Managers and landlords where required.
– Working closely with the Asset Management admin team to manage rates and rate mitigation costs, to ensure our liabilities are correct and refunds are received.
This role will be wide ranging and offers the opportunity to work with all areas of the business, and is ideally suited to a Part-Qualified or Qualified Accountant to gain exposure to all areas of Finance.
– Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to liaise and communicate with senior management and people from a non-finance background.
– Be highly numerate and analytical, with the ability to gather, manipulate and present large quantities of data effectively.
– Be well-organised, with strong organisational skills and able to develop and monitor plans to consistently meet agreed deadlines.
– Should be commercially aware, with the ability to challenge costs on all levels.
– A “Can do” approach with strong initiative and drive.
– Willingness to challenge and critically analyse information.
In return my client offers a great environment with added onsite perks such as a Gym, Personal Trainer and Company Chef.
A basic salary of £35,000 coupled with excellent benefits, and great scope for both sideways and upwards career development awaits.