My client is a regional business unit of a well-respected and high performing FTSE listed PLC.
Due to maternity, FRS have been enlisted to assist with the recruitment of a Management Accountant to join their business based in Nottingham, close to the M1 and therefore easily commutable from across the East Midlands (This position does also offer hybrid working on a 2 in office 3 day remote basis).
Reporting into the Finance Manager for the region, the successful candidate will contribute to the overall success of the business, through the effective reporting and forecasting of the divisional finance figures.
• Complete monthly management accounts including journals, balance sheet reconciliations and variance analysis
• Assist with accurate and robust forecasting and planning, in line with Regional requirements
• Assist as required with financial management and reporting
• Support payment and payroll processing to ensure an accurate and timely service, using the Group systems
• Assist with appropriate reporting to the MD and Divisional Board, in line with the standard format and schedule
• Ad hoc Reporting, Analysis and Projects as required
Whilst this position entails monthly management accounting for the regional business unit, a key aspect to this position is Business Partnering, as such excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
The ideal candidate will be formally qualified and ideally have PQE gained within industry, candidates seeking a first move from practice will also be considered.
Prior experience gained within a commercially focused accounting role, which includes not just producing the numbers but stakeholder engagement / business partnering is desirable.
• A strong team motivator with the drive and tenacity to achieve the goals of the business
• Highly numerate with strong IT and financial analysis skills, coupled with the ability to interpret data and assess impacts on the business
• Experience of managing budgets / cost control, and planning and organising work to meet targets
• Ability and willing to contribute a professional opinion to the overall management of the business
• Self-confidence, decisive, resilience and ability to thrive under pressure in a fast-paced environment
Experience gained within House Building / Construction is highly desirable but not essential.
In return, my client is able to offer a basic salary of up to £45,000 coupled with Bonus and excellent benefits, coupled with scope for hybrid working.
Whilst this position is being recruited on a 12 Month FTC, this employer has an excellent track record of internal development and it is highly likely that scope for a permanent position on completion can be offered.