My client is a well regarded bespoke business working within the Automotive (Engineering / Manufacturing) Industry.
Due to the relocation of a long serving member of staff, FRS have been engaged to assist with the appointment of a Management Accountant / Finance Manager to join the business.
Reporting into the Head of Finance, this will be a key role for the business operating as the No 2 in finance, working from their site Near Banbury (easily commutable from across Warwickshire, Northamptonshire and Oxfordshire.
• Timely production of monthly management accounts for 3 group companies
• Assist with the creation of budgets, forecasting and analysis of variances, to include balance sheet reconciliations
• Provide commentary and KPI analysis on business performance to establish areas for improvement and cost reduction
• Management of WIP and provide accurate costings for ad hoc projects
• Cash flow forecasting – creation and maintenance of weekly cashflow
• Quarterly UK VAT returns – for 3 entities, EC Sales, Intrastat returns
• Management of company bank accounts, ensuring the payment of suppliers and expenses
• Assist with the supervision of an Accounts Assistant, covering Purchase Ledger and Credit Control duties, to ensure prompt management of company debtors and creditors
• Lead for external financial audit, and completion of year-end audit pack for 3 entities
• Ad hoc duties as requested at Month and Year End
• A key focus to this position is to improve the Management / Commercial Accounting Info for the business
• The ability to be the face of finance business partnering with other key areas of the business to enable improved KPI / MI analysis is desirable
The ideal candidate will be working towards qualification (ACA / ACCA / CIMA / AAT) if not already qualified, and have the benefit of previous experience operating in a similar management accounting position – study support for those still actively studying can be given.
Prior experience gained within a SME Engineering / Manufacturing business is preferred, but not essential. Those working within Motor Retail / Dealerships could also find synergy with this position.
A high level of IT literacy to include Advance MS Excel is Key, and prior knowledge of working on Sage software is ideal.
In return, my client can offer an excellent working environment where you will work closely with a great customer base, providing a truly unique offering.
My client has ambitious plans to continue their rapid growth over the next 3-5 years.
A basic salary from £30,000 – £38,000 coupled with excellent benefits and scope for career development can be offered.
Candidates with an interest in the Automotive or Motor Sport industry would fit particularly well to this business.