My client is a leading business within the construction and house building industry, ideally located in North Leicestershire and therefore easily commutable from across the East Midlands using the M1.
Due to continued expansion, FRS have been enlisted to assist with the recruitment of a Part Qualified Accountant to join the business as Management Accountant.
Working closely with the Qualified Finance Manager, the successful candidate will be rewarded and mentored in varied Accounting as below.
To support commercial with WIP calculations and to produce rental management accounts, audit packs and provide financial service to rents department.
• Analysing and reconciling company WIP with commercial and rents
• Creating WIP documents to support balance sheet
• Reviewing, invoicing and calculating WIP on internal and external projects
• Analysing and reporting on property repairs
• Reconciling and processing bank statements / cashbook
• Reviewing, monitoring and keeping up to date rates and council tax
• Preparing and reporting management accounts for multiple companies
• Reconciling balance sheet control accounts
• Analysing and reporting overhead
• Calculating and prepaying rents receivables
• Processing prepayments and accruals
• Processing company credit cards and reconciling
• Quarterly VAT returns for rental companies and calculating exemption
• Identifying, setting and improving controls and procedures
• Producing year end audit pack for rental companies
• Maintaining and updating rental portfolio
• Understanding and improving controls and procedures
The ideal candidate will be a progressive and driven Part Qualified Accountant actively working towards CIMA or ACCA; with study support being offered, however those that are studying towards AAT with aspiration to develop will be considered.
Previous experience gained working within Financial / Management Accounting is desirable, however ongoing on the job training and mentorship will be given.
Other Key Attributes:
– Self-motivated, can work independently, as well as a team player
– Computer-literate with strong Excel skills
– Strong organisational skills and problem-solving ability
– Experience in construction WIP
– Effective communicator between finance and non-finance stakeholders
– Experience of using Dynamic NAV would be beneficial
In return, my client is able to offer a varied and progressive opportunity with a basic salary of £30,000 – £35,000 DOE, coupled with Study Support and excellent benefits.