My client is a leading £200m Business supplying into the construction industry, ideally situated in Walsall and also offering Hybrid working.
Due to continued expansion, FRS have been enlisted to assist with the recruitment of a Management Accountant to join the business on a full time, permanent basis.
This role is ideally suited towards a candidate working towards CIMA / ACCA Qualification however those that are stop studiers or QBE will be considered
• Assist in the review of the regional month end accounts and KPI’s.
• Assist with the preparation of the month end accounts and KPI’s for new regions.
• Review and challenge information provided by commercial teams and regional finance managers (FM’s).
• Balance sheet reconciliations and production of Construction consolidated management accounts.
• Assist with timely and accurate statutory returns
• To review the regional accounts and reports provided by FM’s within deadlines and to encourage all regions to have a consistent and standardised approach to completing month end tasks.
• Produce management accounts for Construction entity (consolidate regions)
• Act as FM for new regions until such time the region is established enough to recruit dedicated FM.
Detailed Duties List
• Assist in the review of the regional month end accounts ready for consolidation.
• Assist with the preparation of the month end accounts for new regions including key KPI’s,
• performance graphs, aged debt report and contract performance.
• Review and challenge information provided by regional teams.
• Maintain integrity of fixed asset register, ensuring the correct coding and deprecation rates are applied.
• Support payroll department in reviewing job costing and reconciliations.
• Reconcile and consolidate monthly job costing report.
• Post company credit card statements in line with company expense policy.
• CIS and VAT returns monthly.
• All balance sheet reconciliations for Construction and produce Construction consolidated
• management accounts.
• Assist GRA with Group consolidation and board pack production at month end.
• Maintain controls in the business and help enforce compliance with legal and accounting regulations.
• Support the development of the department apprentice.
• Assist with year-end audit requests and statutory accounts preparation.
• Assist with annual budget preparation.
• Ad hoc analysis and reporting as required by senior management.
Key Attributes / Skills
• Advanced excel skills.
• Ideally working towards CIMA / ACCA however those that are Stop Studiers or QBE will be considered
• Experience working in a fast-paced working environment.
• Excellent communication and relationship skills with ability to business partner
• An understanding of business metrics such as gross margin, EBITDA, cost analysis.
What’s on offer?
• Competitive basic salary bonus with a OTE of £45,000
• 25 days holiday pa bank holidays
• Life assurance
• Hybrid working after successful probation period for the right candidate
• Recently renovated modern offices with on-site parking
• Career development opportunities