FRS are currently recruiting for a fully qualified Management Accountant on a FTC basis, to join a collaborative and friendly team, working for a client in the Lincoln area.
Due to business needs, we are looking to recruit a Management Accountant to assist in the preparation of the monthly management accounts and provide general financial support.
As the Management Accountant, your responsibilities will include:
• Prepare, review, present and analyse periodic financial statements, including monthly profit and loss, balance sheet accounts, cash flow statements, budgets, variance analysis and commentaries for Senior Management.
• Oversee the preparation of an annual budget, and assist the Senior Leadership team in encompassing balance sheet and cash flow, together with performance forecasts as required.
• Contribute strongly in the preparation of annual statutory accounts and supporting notes for audit.
• Maintain internal controls.
• Manage a small team.
• Undertake ad hoc projects that provide added value where required.
What you will bring to the team:
• Ability to organise and prioritise workload in order to meet deadlines.
• Be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of financial reporting procedures.
• Ability to organise, manipulate and present large volumes of data using Excel spreadsheets.
• Can work on own initiative and under pressure.
• Ability to identify key risk areas across the finance function.
• A positive attitude.
The successful candidate will have the following:
• Professional accounting qualification (ACCA, CIMA, ACA), with a sound technical knowledge and management accounting experience.
• Demonstrable commercial and business awareness.
• Highly numerate and analytical, with strength in accuracy, attention to detail, problem-solving skills and an investigative nature.
• The ability and desire to work as a member of a team, and to build strong working relationships.
• Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, pivot tables.
• Strong collaboration skills and able to communicate effectively.