My client is a well regarded and rapidly expanding owner managed business, with interest within manufacturing and construction. They are ideally situated in a great new premises near to Tamworth (M42), therefore easily accessible from across both the East and West Midlands.
Due to continued growth of 30% in 2020 / 2021, FRS have been engaged to assist in the recruitment of a newly created Management Accountant / Finance BP Position.
This varied and progressive role has been created to enable the Financial Controller to focus on more strategic matters; with this candidate playing a key role in producing the company’s Financial and Management Accounting activities, whilst also partnering the financial controller with developing KPI”s and MI to improve the company’s commercial insight, alongside various business improvement projects to include ERP Systems Migration from Sage.
* Assist with the preparation of Monthly Management Accounts
* Working with FC to create budget and provide forecast
* Analysis of variances, and provide commentary to FC / MD
* Business partner with key stakeholders across construction, procurement, sales, to build awareness and drive improvement in performance
* Completion of EC Sales, Intrastat and VAT Returns
* Journals, accruals, prepayments and fixed asset management
* Management of company Bank Accounts, Ensuring Smooth Cash Flow
* Reconciliation of Balance Sheet and Banks
* Assist with the overseeing of Ledgers, leading and developing an Assistant Accountant
* Aid Financial Controller with the delivery of improvement projects
* Daily use of MS Excel and Sage Line 50, whilst assisting with migration to new ERP System
The ideal candidate will have previous experience gained in a similar Financial / Management Accountant position, and be working towards ACA / ACCA / CIMA Qualification, if not already qualified.
Those that are QBE but have demonstrated experience in a similar role will also be considered.
A commercial approach is key, the candidate will need to feel comfortable engaging with stakeholders across the business, and establish KPIS / MI to assist with the company’s continued growth.
Prior experience of Sage would be an advantage, however this is not essential, but a good working knowledge of MS Excel to include Pivots and Look Ups etc. is key.
In return, my client is able to offer a fun, friendly and modern office, and you will be joining the business at a key period of growth.
Long term stability and career progression (if desired) can therefore be offered, with the current Financial Controller looking to step into a Finance Director position within the next 1-2 years.
A competitive basic salary of up to £36,000 (Possible scope for higher salary DOE), and excellent benefits await.