My client is a leading and well-respected business ideally situated in South Leicester but also offering hybrid working which opens up this role to candidates across Leicestershire / Warwickshire and Northamptonshire.
Due to continued expansion, FRS have been enlisted to assist with the recruitment of a Management Accountant / Finance Manager to join the business operating as the no 3 in finance for this SME business.
Key to this position is a candidate having a good grounding in Finance & Accountancy with this client specifically wishing to take a candidate that is either currently or had previously worked within an accounting practice.
Candidates can be Qualified (ACA / ACCA / CIMA / AAT) or actively working towards Qualification however the client is also open to consider Stop Studiers or those that are QBE as long as a practice background can be demonstrated.
Requirements will be to learn and assist on the month end management accounts preparation, and assist with overseeing the Accounts Payable function, along with ad-hoc finance duties.
The role can be progressive in nature with the opportunity to develop an understanding of both day to day accounting duties right through to preparing management accounts.
The candidate will be reporting to the Financial Controller with the department being overseen by the Finance Director.
Key Responsibilities will include:
• Assist with monthly management accounts preparation this will include aspects of accruals, prepayments and balance sheet reconciliations.
• To collate and produce budget information and assisting with variances.
• Assist in maintaining nominal analysis.
• Assist with compiling credit card receipts and expenses for the business
• Provide cover and assistance to Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable processes
• Check and help prepare product costings.
• Be able to answer the main accounts telephone to either direct or take payments from customers. This is a shared responsibility throughout the department.
• Any other ad-hoc finance duties.
The ideal candidate will have a good level of IT Literacy to include MS Excel to Pivot and Look Up level with knowledge of Sage being a major advantage.
Due to the fluid nature of this newly created position but client is able to look at a wide salary band of £25,000 to £45,000 with being equally happy to consider candidates at all stages of their career.
A excellent working environment, hybrid working and great benefits await.