FRS are recruiting a Payroll Assistant for a reputable business based in Tividale.
The business are recruiting urgently and require someone ASAP, with interviews being held via Zoom / MS Teams.
Working in a medium sized finance team and reporting into the Finance Director, you will be responsible for processing the payroll of roughly 2,000 employees over a weekly and monthly schedule.
Ideally you will have experience of using Access Select Pay, but this is not essential for candidates with ample experience using other systems.
• Responsible for carrying out processes and procedures in line with the business needs
• Ensure all payroll data is processed correctly and employees are paid timely, accurately
• Execute HMRC Statutory reporting in respect of Real Time Information, Full Payment Submissions, Employer Payment Summary and End of Year Updates, including P60s and P11Ds
• Perform Auto Enrolment processes in accordance with Pension Regulator Legislation
• Maintain the payroll system to ensure employees are paid in line with Company Policies and Statutory Legislation
• Provide support and advice to the business in respect of all payroll related matters, and ensure PAYE is operated appropriately
• Performing payroll related reconciliations and providing reports
• Management CJRS / Furlough pay and subsequent claims to HMRC (desirable, not essential)
Qualifications and Experience:
• Previous experience in processing payroll
• Exposure and understanding of auto-enrolment, treatment of staff expenses and other bespoke areas of payroll
• Knowledge of working with different systems
• Ability to build positive relationships within Finance and HR
• Open to new and innovative ways of working
• Ability to drive change – people, processes, systems
• Good Excel skills