We are looking for an experienced Payroll Specialist to join a large company based in Northampton, to support the day-to-day processing of the payroll service; ensuring that the service is delivered in an accurate, efficient and a timely manner, with a strong focus on delivering excellent customer service at all times. This role is a key team member ensuring that all employees are paid accurately and on time.
Contract Length: 9 Months
Salary Equivalent: £22,000 – £24,000
Main responsibilities include:
• Manually entering payroll information into the payroll system.
• Entering payroll information accurately.
• Updating employee payroll records to include P45, new starter declarations, Tax & NIC data and any relevant employee changes into the payroll system.
• Maintaining employee master data as and when required.
• Maintaining employee absence records and entitlements and ensuring that accurate calculations are made for statutory payments.
• The input of temporary and permanent payment data into the payroll system. This will include the processing of settlement payments.
• Responsible for the input and maintenance of court orders, union memberships and student loans and other creditors, ensuring that all data and payments are accurate and up to date and made in the appropriate timeframe.
• Ensuring that all payroll data and reports are routinely and proactively checked and errors corrected in a timely manner.
• The calculation, communication and processing of same day payments.
• The resolution of any pay related queries received over the phone and through the query system.
• Answering any generic site questions about wages, deductions, attendance, or time records.
• Providing support to individual sites on all aspects of payroll.
• To manually calculate employee take-home pay on request.
• To identify, investigate, and resolve any historical discrepancies in payments and payroll records.
• To investigate potential overpayments each pay period prior to the final processing of payroll to ensure potential errors can be corrected.
• To accurately process overpayments to include calculating gross to net payments to assist in employee repayment.
• Creating various excel spreadsheets with employee data & payment breakdowns.
• Providing detailed breakdowns of payments including statutory payments upon request.
• Printing & posting payslips/P45/P60 documents.
• Preparing Statements of Earnings.
• Liaising with the Benefits department to administer childcare vouchers and other benefits schemes.
• Completing payroll reports for record-keeping purposes and site/managerial review.
• Adhering to payroll policies and procedures and complying with all relevant legislations including GDPR.
• Reconciling pension reports.
Previous Payroll experience is essential in order to be considered for this position.
Experience of occupational pension schemes and working towards or fully CIPP qualified would be an advantage.